Anyone who manages any part of a healthcare agency or facility has probably had to create their own in-service training, and you know how much work it is. Sure, most of what people need to know can be found on the internet now, but there are problems with that, such as:
- Figuring out if the information is reliable and current
- Deciding what information to include and what to leave out
- Creating an engaging activity that will make the session interesting
- Developing a test that will validate the workers' learning
- Generating certificates or some kind of proof of completion
- Putting all of this together in a usable form
All of this takes time, and time is money. NerdNurse has done all of these things for you, so when you use a NerdNurse module, you only need to:
- Schedule a meeting time and place.
- Read the training module in advance, and follow the directions in the Lesson Plan to prepare for the session.
- Deliver the lesson, do the activity, and administer the test.
- Keep the certificates and completed tests in your personnel or training files for regulatory proof (give a copy of the certificates to your workers as well).
Done and done!